Friday, April 18, 2008

We dont' think about "it"

A very good friend of mine lost her grandfather this weekend, and my condolences go out to her. I also lost my grandfather recently, in October, and though your grandparents are old and its expected that their time here on this Earth are shorting it always hurts. I feel as if I have been exposed to death alot in my short life, and its something that I always keep on my mind . . . that later today I could be gone. Death is something that most people push away from their thoughts, a natural human condition we couldn't function if we always thought of death, but it's never very far from my thoughts. This week in class we read "The Death of Ivan Ilyich" by Tolstoy, it very strange to read a book about death especially when you know someone grieving for a loved one.

Moving to a more light hearted subject, tomorrow is WVU's annual spring football game, and in light of all the negitivity surronding the program during the Fraud Rodrigeuz Morgantown is very excited to see the new Mountineers. However, I probably will notbe able to attend the game because I have a ton o work to this weekend including a ten page pape due Tuesday, I only have 2 pages as of now. All of this work is another reason I skipped on visiting a friend of my in DC this weekend, and thought I really wanted to go I just couldn't and its very dissappointing because I probably won't be able to see her for a very long time.

This has been a very depressing post, but it feeks good to talk about this stuff hopefully next time there will be some better news.

No comments: