Friday, May 30, 2008

Munich

Where has the time gone? I haven't posted in over three weeks but I have been super busy. First I had graduation from college which I must say was nice but way to long. Then two days later I left for my summer abroad in Munich, Germany where I am interning until mid-August.

Arriving in Munich was rather nerve racking. First of all, British Airways lost my luggage, but with the new tracking systems they have today it was easily located and arrived on the next flight. But not having any luggage was only a small problem because I had no where to live. My boss helped me get settled in a small hostel room until I could find an apartment. This hostel would have been nice for a day or two, but living there for a week was horrible. The place was undergoing remodeling so construction workers were everywhere. Though the worst part was the dam elevator. It was so noisy every time anyone used it I could hear it in my room. However, I have finally located a new place which is pretty decent and close to the office.

I have had so time to do some exploring of Munich and I am really starting to get familiar with the city. The other intern and I have found a lot of interesting things, and luckily for me he is fluent in German unlike myself who only knows simple words and phrases. Work has not been too bad either. I really like my boss and I am really interested in the work we do because I love West Virginia and I want to help bring as many jobs as I can to the state.

No comments: