Monday, June 15, 2009

The Revolution turns Violent


I followed Andrew Sullivan's blog again most of the day as he again uses his vast readership and contacts to bring the revolution to us live. The radical element of the government police force fired on the protesters today, and last night stormed the dormitories of Tehran University (where the above picture is from). While I have seen riot police during my years at WVU, we were fighting for our right to party and probably deserved pepper spray and batons, but the students of Tehran are fighting for their freedom against the dictator and his personal police squad. I don't have any illusions that anyone in Tehran (or anyone in general) will read this, but I want the people of Tehran, especially the students to know that I am praying for their safety and their victory.

No comments: