Thursday, August 27, 2009

Toby Kieth's American Ride

I am music fan and have rather eclectic tastes as I enjoy all types of music. Country music is one of my favorite genres with Brad Paisley, who is from a little town about twenty minutes from my home, being the most talented. Anyways today on my way into work I heard Toby Kieth's new single American Ride, and I must say that I am not to sure what to think of this song.

Is this song a critique of American culture? A tirade against current US domestic policies? A praise of the spontaneity and freedom of living American? It appears to be all of these which makes the song ambiguous as what he really trying to say about life in American at this time.

However, even with this ambiguity Kieth appears to be saying that culture may be affecting our lives negatively, that the current political administration may not be running the nation to his likes, but that no matter what your opinions are or how your feel about politics and culture that life in American is one fun helluva a ride.

No comments: